- We have been invited by the St Ronan's Games Week Committee to provide a concert as part of the entertainment for Innerleithen Games week on Tuesday July 11th at 7.30pm.
- Join us at 11am in Peebles' Burgh Hall to sing at Tweeddale Peace Group's enormous Book sale! The sale raises thousands of pounds for peace organisations. We will be singing 3 of our peace songs we've learnt this term. Many of our choir members have longstanding connections with the peace group and the book sale.
Here's what one of our members Lizzie has to say about it:-
Peter and Juliet (Binkie) were founders of Tweeddale Peace Group. In 1987 we sang Julien of Norwich at a Ceilidh to celebrate the Peace Quilt coming to Peebles with women from Russia and America. Quite a few folk in the Choir were at the Ceilidh. 30 years ago we held the first Book Sale to raise air fares for these East West visits. (This was during the Cold War and in the days of the Iron Curtain when it was difficult to meet people from the Soviet Union).
- Tuuslaulajat Choir are visiting Scotland in early September to celebrate their 40th anniversary and the national celebrations in Finland this year. Through a local connection we have invited them to come and sing with us in Traquair Village Hall on Friday 1st September. As well as performing for each other, both choirs will sing together to celebrate friendship in music and Tuuslaulajat's birthday! It will be an informal social evening with refreshments too, so it will be a lovely occasion to make new friends, eat, drink and be merry...! Have a look at their website
- Elaine, Victoria and Julie have been working hard behind the scenes and have submitted proposals for Traquair Choir to take part in the Borders Heritage Festival this year. The festival runs throughout the month of September 2017 to celebrate life in the Borders past and present. The theme this September is "Borders - Where People, Place and Myth Meet". We are waiting to hear if our proposals to take part in a workshop or offer a concert as part of the celebrations have been successful. So, watch this space…
- Traquair Choir's website now boasts sharing buttons on every page so it is quick and easy to share content you like with your friends and followers on Twitter, Facebook or by email.
- A new HTML5 version of the website goes live with better graphics, and a cleaner look.